Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Unboxing: Cool Mini or Not, Elf Sorceress on Owl

Here is another Unboxing post of a mini from Cool Mini or Not: the Elf Sorceress on Owl.

The model was pretty expensive (I got it from the CMoN website) and I expected a lot from it. To be honest I was pretty disappointed with the quality of it and would not recommend it.

First off, the packaging is pretty unappealing: 

Packing peanuts to protect the mini, seriously? : 


 The sorceress in itself. She looks well detailed but the staff looks really weak:

Beautiful base, nicely detailed:

Nice looking head too, I would not want to be a Skaven right now: 

Check out this enormous mold line running through the feathers, that is bad: 

Body of the Owl, looks ok: 

The wings were really bad, as you can see from the next 4 pics: 

Hard to see but there is a big blob of melted resin right in the middle of this wing, covering all the details and stuff. I was really unhappy with this. I am not even sure how to get rid of this: 

The wings are paper thin, there are even holes in them at several locations: 


So, maybe I was unlucky with this particular cast but I feel like CMoN could do a lot better than this. Also when you charge that much for a mini, I expect higher quality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment