Saturday, March 10, 2012

Unboxing: Kraan Tain of Baalor - BaneLords Miniatures

Here is my latest acquisition to represent a Lord of Chaos on juggernaut or steed for Fantasy from the BaneLord range:

Kraan the Tain of Baalor riding a fuzzy bear

I ordered the mini direct from Maelstrom games (UK), service and shipping were fast (the price is also reasonable for what it is).

The mini comes in a big blister type package:
 A little fluff:
 The teddy bear:
 Other side of the teddy bear:
The head and paws of the bear: 
 
Kraan as a rider and on foot: 
 Close up on the rider (detail is really good):
 This dude is really tall!
 Armour plates and spikes for the bear: 
 Shields and weapons for Kraan:
My impressions: 


-The detail level is excellent
-Quite a few warped thin pieces that I will have to be very careful not to break when straightening
-Mold lines are minimal although some are placed in difficult places (fur of the bear)
-I hope Kraan on foot doesn't look disproportionate compared to the Chaos Warriors

Overall: I like and recommend for a little change of style!

2 comments:

  1. Would it be possible for you to post a completed build of this mini with something next to it for size comparison? I'm considering this mini for my Ogre kingdoms mournfang cavalry and I want to see if the mini is sized ok before I buy 6 of them online.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jared, I have made a new post today with a couple of pictures of this mini compared to other miniatures from various ranges so you can estimate the scale comparison.

    http://harald85hobbyblog.blogspot.fr/2013/08/viewers-request-scale-comparison-kraan.html

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete